Lexaurus Editor is a desktop application for the management of concept schemes, ontologies, data definitions, taxonomies and thesauri.Multiple vocabularies can be managed at the same time, also facilitating term and concept reuse and mapping.
It is format independent with plugins currently for SKOS, VDEX (token and nested), Zthes, i2b2 (Concept and Ontology), Snomed and ESD toolkit. Stylesheets can also be applied to exports to provide customisation.
It provides full history and change management, together with n level 'undo'. It can synchronise with and publish to one or more Lexaurus banks to provide a full collaborative
Lexaurus Editor is widely used in the UK, Europe, USA and Canada by taxonomy experts, information management specialists and non-specialists.
Lexaurus Editor key features:
- Easy to use The editing interface can be used for developing all forms of terminology structures, including poly-hierarchical taxonomies, faceted thesauri and ontologies.
- Multilingual Lexaurus can create and edit multilingual structures and the user interface canalso be presented in different languages.
- Customisable The metadata used to describe terms or concepts is configurable and schema-driven. This allows the creation of custom properties and data types allowing you to manage your data in the way that suits your organistion.
- Customisable relationships In addition to all common thesaural relationships users can define their own relationship types.
- Format independent supporting both concept and term-based formats. Please ask about support for your format of choice.
- Drag and drop for quick, simple modification of hierarchies, re-use of different terminology sets and mapping between vocabularies.
- Customisable reporting langauge, content and styling customisation is supported.
- Synchronising with remote Bank(s) for distributed terminology management and team editing.
- Tracking of remote and local changes to facilitate change merging for team development.
- Full history including specific edit operations and rollback to any point (equivalent to ‘n level undo’).
- Export and import of translation data as Excel to allow translations to be edited in a spreadsheet and then re-imported.
- Rewritten property management to facilitate easy transformation between output formats with full namespace representation.
- Change the visual display of the vocabulary through the interface. Using the internal 'profile' it is possible to simply change the view to SKOS or VDEX (for example), or to switch to a custom profile with your own schema representation
- Export mechanism rewritten to facilitate easier extension
- Import mechanism has been separated into a pipeline for separate parsing and importing. Recognised namespaces are now handled by specific system parsers
- I2b2 has been implemented as an export format for medical users which are using the i2b2 (integrating Biology and the Bedside) informatics system
- Snomed management and mapping is now supported
- Enhanced synchronisation with remote banks. It is now possible to publish to synchronise with a 'master' bank but to also publish to multiple additional banks.
- Multiple changes to the same term/concept now supported in the history export (not just the latest)
- Localised properties are now stored against their ISO language codes
- System details now displayed in edit screen, showing creation, edit and synchronisation information as well as profile and base format.
- Authority change, if a vocabulary is imported without a recognised authority this can now be updated. This could previously only be accomplished manually.
- Internal searching updated to SOLR 3.5
- Progress indicator with processed term count for large vocabularies
version 5.0 released.
Commercial license - contact us for details.